Cutting Edge Interventions
At Calo we believe in creating treatment that is not only specialized but also extraordinary. With that in mind, Embark has week-long, individualized, Family Intensives as our newest one-of-a-kind intervention. The Intensive provides therapy, assessment, intervention and planning that accelerates healing. “Six months of therapeutic impact packed into one week”, as we like to describe it.
We also offer a four day intensive option for our “in house” families, to assist when they are feeling stuck in therapy, accelerate treatment, use as a capstone at the end of treatment, or serve as a tune up once they have left.
“This has been the most helpful intervention in the 10 years Santiago has been in our family.”Susan S., Calo Parent
Our experienced Embark Clinicians provide therapeutic structure and intervention that allow families to explore how their life history and neurobiology play out in the present. The Clinicians and neuro technicians guide the family to implement techniques for increased regulation, boundary setting, connection, and consistency.
During the Intensive, parents have the opportunity to examine their dynamics and begin to look at how best to address their child’s emotional and behavioral difficulties. Families are guided to zone in on what area’s need to be changed in order to create a safer relationship for all to thrive in the future.
Following the Intensive, the Family will receive a comprehensive report summarizing the findings and suggesting next steps and interventions.
Who are Embark Family Intensives for?
Embark Family Intensives were created specifically with families experiencing developmental trauma and attachment issues in mind, and for families with children of all ages (including young adults). The Family Intensives are also available, though not ideal, just for couples, that is if the child is not able to attend. Intensives are ideal for families living busy lives and needing specialized services unavailable where they live. Embark Intensives are also ideal for families that feel like they could use a tune up after Residential Treatment, or are looking for a Residential Diversion. For families with a child currently in Residential, Intensives are a great way to shave some time off treatment by going deeper, faster.
Specifically, this program is for:
- Families not currently in need of residential and are looking for a residential diversion intervention
- Families with a child currently in residential treatment experiencing developmental trauma and attachment issues.
- Families with a child experiencing developmental trauma and attachment issues and transitioning out of residential setting
- Families with a child experiencing developmental trauma and attachment isuess that was once in residential and looking for a tune up
- “[The Intensive] brought us together in a therapeutic milieu allowing each of us to review our own strengths and weaknesses as it relates to us individually, as a couple, as a family and as a support system for our daughter.”
- “Through the Family Intensive, we learned insights and skills that will bring our family closer and last a lifetime.”
- “[… during the Intensive] there was an opportunity to reflect on our own strengths and weaknesses from a therapeutic perspective with an ability to further our own development and growth.”
Rate per Week: $12,900
A 50 percent non-refundable deposit is due when scheduling treatment. The remaining balance of 50 percent is due on the first day of treatment.
*Embark Family Intensives are offered at a discounted rate to families currently enrolled, as well as alumni of Calo Programs (Calo Teens, Calo Preteens, Calo Young Adults, and New Vision Wilderness).
What do I get for this price?
Our One-Of-A-Kind Intensives Include the following as needed / recommended by EMBARK team, along with respective values:
- Lakefront Home/Condo and Meals
- Experienced, highly trained adoption/ trauma specialized Clinicians and Neurotechnicians
- Battery of Evidenced Based Functional Assessments and Testing
- Canine Therapy
- Experiential Individual and Family Therapy (Couples, Family and Indiviual)
- Parent Training and Coaching
- Neurobiology Training
- Intensive Neurofeedback
- Intensive Heart Rate Variability Biofeedback
- Training in Calo’s Proprietary Developmental Trauma Model
- Quantitative EEG Brain Mapping
- Brainspotting Therapy
- Inner Balance Training (HeartMath sensor and software provided)
- HeartMath Stress/Anxiety Reduction Techniques
- Trauma Center Trauma Sensitive Yoga Training
- Thorough Report Including Debrief and Follow-Up / Aftercare Planning: report that will include summary findings, test results, and proposed plan of treatment with interventions and next steps
- Critical Educational Packets and Books
- Aftercare Planning
- Resources to find qualified professionals in your area